Friday 23 March 2012

Journey of Many Lifetimes


     I’ve never believed that this ‘is all there is’.   I was raised a Catholic and was taught there was always something more.  That when you died you went to Purgatory, Heaven or Hell. 
     As an adult I am no longer a practicing Catholic.  I don’t believe in organised religion.  This probably has something to do with the ill-treatment I received from the nuns as a child.  I do, however, believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ.  Not once did Jesus judge another but taught love, forgiveness and charity.  That’s my type of man.
     What most people don’t realise is that Jesus was a teacher of metaphysics.  He preached about the ‘something more’ – life after death.
     The tragedy of his existence was that not many were willing to accept a new way of thought.
     Today, things are different, and there are many ‘new-age’ philosophies and teachers.
     This brings me to my experience with reincarnation. 
     In a previous post I mentioned that I can recall some of my past lives.  This is true and came about when I was in a very ‘dark’ place in my life.
     As I struggled to find my way out of the black pit, as I call it, I used many ‘new-age’ techniques.  I became familiar with meditation, reiki, and other forms of healing.  I also participated in inner-child and past-life therapy which sought to get to the root of my problems.  There is no miracle cure for depression and anxiety.  You have to take it step-by-step.
     I was also seeing a psychologist – a conventional therapist, but ironically, it was her treatment – called ‘rapid-eye movement’ therapy that triggered my past-life memories.
     Sure, I had ‘seen’ some of my lives during ‘new-age’ therapy sessions, but nothing as poignant or revealing as those in ‘normal’ therapy.
     After my first ‘rapid-eye movement’ session, I began having ‘dreams’ of other lives.  I always knew it was me in these dreams and surprisingly I knew the ‘others’ in the dreams as well.  People in the present were also in my past.  I could see, quite vividly, the surroundings, the people and the situations.  I could also ‘feel’ the emotions – emotions that were similar to those I was experiencing in the present time.
     Do you ever get a feeling of déjà vu?  Feel you ‘click’ with someone?   Feel as if you’ve known someone forever?  
     I believe nothing’s a coincidence.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeanette's 4-stars-plus book montage

An Offer He Can't Refuse
Emily's Affair
Taste
Rough Harbor
The Chosen One
Runaway Heart
Bared to You
Melodies of the Heart
Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades of Grey
Anon
Somewhere in Time
House Guest
A Cop, His Wife and Her Best Friend
Hero Of Her Heart
All In Time
Asking for Andre
Almost a Bride
The Fence My Father Built


Jeanette Hornby's favorite books »

Jeanette's bookshelf: diversity

In Love With Death
3 of 5 stars true
I liked the authors take on the Angel of Death and enjoyed learning about the individual characters. The story was interesting and I liked the way the author simplified the subject matter. With a little more editing and polishing, this ...
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now and diversity
An Offer He Can't Refuse
4 of 5 stars true
A thoroughly enjoyable tale. I liked the characters and the situation they were in. A good read for romance lovers.
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now, 4-stars, diversity, and favourites
All In Time
4 of 5 stars true
An interesting and enjoyable story. I would have liked the unique events to unravel slower and continue longer, but overall, the tale was quite engrossing. A good read.
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now, 4-stars, and diversity
Bloodtrail
4 of 5 stars true
An intricately woven vampire tale that keeps you wanting more. The historical and scientific content was unique and engrossing. I particularly liked the way the author separated each character's story in the beginning and then tied the...
tagged: diversity, 4-stars, and from-dec-2011-to-now
House Guest
4 of 5 stars true
A short, creepy and enthralling story. The development of the main character and situation was strangely enjoyable. A good read.
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now, 4-stars, and diversity

goodreads.com