Wednesday 8 August 2012

Welcome Author Gladys Quintal


Bio
I have loved vampires and the paranormal for as long as I can remember and always wanted to write a book or three on the subject.  My two favourite shows are Moonlight and Dexter - Mick St John being my favourite vampire and Dexter being everyone's favourite serial killer.  I found a lot of inspiration from these two shows, inventing my own vampire vigilante that kills 'bad men' while saving women from rapists and children molesters.

A lot of what I write about comes from my own personal experiences and my desire when I was younger for a hero to swoop in and take me away.  Unfortunately, I never found my guardian angel and so I created Alexi, a vampire/serial killer hybrid, as the hero of my books.  My stories come mostly from inside my head, real life happenings or dream and visions.  A lot of my characters are actually based on friends of mine: Hayley, Nana and Moyra are all real people, Chloe is based on my daughter Emma and Cassie is me - in the beginning anyway.  She becomes less like me as the stories progress



Books
I've written three books in The Dream Series so far: The Man of My Dreams, Be Careful What You Wish For and The Chosen One.  They centre around Cassie and Alexi and their forbidden love, trying to live a normal life in a not so normal world.  Vampires in my books are cursed, only being seen as human in the mortal subconscious until they find a human to love them unconditionally.  Once that happens, they are free to walk amongst us and look as we do.  They still need blood to survive and Alexi has found the perfect way to satisfy his needs, in the process of ridding the streets of evil.

Purchase books and Connect with Gladys here: 
 Blog    Facebook    Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeanette's 4-stars-plus book montage

An Offer He Can't Refuse
Emily's Affair
Taste
Rough Harbor
The Chosen One
Runaway Heart
Bared to You
Melodies of the Heart
Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades of Grey
Anon
Somewhere in Time
House Guest
A Cop, His Wife and Her Best Friend
Hero Of Her Heart
All In Time
Asking for Andre
Almost a Bride
The Fence My Father Built


Jeanette Hornby's favorite books »

Jeanette's bookshelf: diversity

In Love With Death
3 of 5 stars true
I liked the authors take on the Angel of Death and enjoyed learning about the individual characters. The story was interesting and I liked the way the author simplified the subject matter. With a little more editing and polishing, this ...
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now and diversity
An Offer He Can't Refuse
4 of 5 stars true
A thoroughly enjoyable tale. I liked the characters and the situation they were in. A good read for romance lovers.
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now, 4-stars, diversity, and favourites
All In Time
4 of 5 stars true
An interesting and enjoyable story. I would have liked the unique events to unravel slower and continue longer, but overall, the tale was quite engrossing. A good read.
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now, 4-stars, and diversity
Bloodtrail
4 of 5 stars true
An intricately woven vampire tale that keeps you wanting more. The historical and scientific content was unique and engrossing. I particularly liked the way the author separated each character's story in the beginning and then tied the...
tagged: diversity, 4-stars, and from-dec-2011-to-now
House Guest
4 of 5 stars true
A short, creepy and enthralling story. The development of the main character and situation was strangely enjoyable. A good read.
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now, 4-stars, and diversity

goodreads.com