Monday 7 January 2013

Welcome Author Juliet Madison


Juliet Madison is an Australian author of romantic comedies and women’s fiction. She likes to put her characters into extraordinary situations and take them on a challenging journey to discover their true passion and inner strength, weaving in some laughs, tears, romance, and sometimes a touch of magic along the way. Her stories are all about embracing life, love, and new beginnings.

Living near the beach on the beautiful south coast of New South Wales, Australia, Juliet spends her days homeschooling her son and running her internet business, and her nights writing fiction while doing her best to avoid housework. She is a proud member and volunteer with The Romance Writers of Australia and loves to interact online with readers and writers.

Juliet’s debut novel FAST FORWARD will be released February 1st2013 by Escape Publishing, the digital-first imprint of Harlequin Australia.

FAST FORWARD is a romantic comedy with a twist...

Aspiring supermodel Kelli Crawford seems destined to marry her hotshot boyfriend, but on her 25th birthday she wakes in the future as a fifty-year-old suburban housewife married to the now middle-aged high school nerd.

Trapped in the opposite life of the one she wanted, Kelli is forced to re-evaluate her life and discover what is really important to her. Will she overcome the hilarious and heartbreaking challenges presented to her and get back to the body of her younger self? Or will she be stuck in the nightmare of hot flushes, demanding children, raunchy advances from her husband, and hideous support underwear forever?


Excerpt

“What was that noise, did something break?” A man barged into the bathroom.
“Arghhh!!” I instinctively covered myself as much as possible with my hands, cowering into the corner near the toilet, my eyes searching frantically for a towel. Why were there no towels in this bathroom? My nightgown, oh thank God! I picked it up and held it in front of me. “Get out of here!” I shooed him backwards like an annoying insect, but he kept coming towards me.
“What’s the matter, honey?” He glanced at the vase remnants on the floor, and then at my arm, blood dripping from the wound. “Are you alright?” The brown-haired man eyed me with genuine concern, and his skin oozed the spicy scent of an aftershave I didn’t recognise.
“I’m fine, go away!” The man appeared perplexed at the continued shooing movements I made with my hands.
“Okay, okay. I just wanted to make sure you were alright. And wish my wife a happy birthday of course.” He leaned in for a kiss but I pushed him off, horror overtaking me.
Wife? I’m not his wife, and he’s certainly not my husband! Grant is supposed to be my husband. Well, after tonight’s inevitable proposal that is. Oh God, tonight! My birthday party. I can’t go looking like this!
A high-pitched jingling sound interrupted my thoughts and the man made a strange movement; pinching his watch with his thumb and forefinger and appearing to pull some invisible strand to his ear.
What is he doing?
“William speaking,” he said as he walked out. Finally.
William? Who the heck is he and why is he saying I’m his wife? This is all too weird. I’m dizzy. Holding onto the wall I racked my brain for an answer. A solution. Anything to make sense of this...situation. William...William... his eyes looked kind of familiar. And the way he walked out of the room, his bouncy stride. I’ve seen him before...somewhere.
I know! I clicked my fingers. William McSnelly from my school days. Could it really be Chubby No Friends William McSnelly who never seemed to notice the multiple ‘Kick Me’ post-its stuck to his back? Wow, he actually turned out alright. Okay so he’s ancient, but for an old guy he’s not bad.
Wait.
If I’m married to William McSnelly, then that would make me... Oh God, no.
Kelli McSnelly.
Shoot me now.
I didn’t end up with McDreamy or McSexy, uh-uh. I ended up with McSnelly, or McSmelly as the kids at school used to call him. Me included. And now I’m Mrs McSmelly.
I think I’m going to pass out. 

~ ~ ~
Stay updated on FAST FORWARD by subscribing to 
(And get a free gift too!).

You can also visit Juliet online  
Blog      Twitter       Facebook Page 






5 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to read it. What a wonderful author voice, Juliet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I'm really looking forward to reading all of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks guys! I really hope you enjoy reading it.

    And thanks Jeanette for having me on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent choice for an excerpt! Funny and engaging...You made me laugh aloud. I'll definitely buy this book when It becomes available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shelley, I'm so glad it made you laugh! I hope you enjoy the book :)

    ReplyDelete

Jeanette's 4-stars-plus book montage

An Offer He Can't Refuse
Emily's Affair
Taste
Rough Harbor
The Chosen One
Runaway Heart
Bared to You
Melodies of the Heart
Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades of Grey
Anon
Somewhere in Time
House Guest
A Cop, His Wife and Her Best Friend
Hero Of Her Heart
All In Time
Asking for Andre
Almost a Bride
The Fence My Father Built


Jeanette Hornby's favorite books »

Jeanette's bookshelf: diversity

In Love With Death
3 of 5 stars true
I liked the authors take on the Angel of Death and enjoyed learning about the individual characters. The story was interesting and I liked the way the author simplified the subject matter. With a little more editing and polishing, this ...
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now and diversity
An Offer He Can't Refuse
4 of 5 stars true
A thoroughly enjoyable tale. I liked the characters and the situation they were in. A good read for romance lovers.
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now, 4-stars, diversity, and favourites
All In Time
4 of 5 stars true
An interesting and enjoyable story. I would have liked the unique events to unravel slower and continue longer, but overall, the tale was quite engrossing. A good read.
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now, 4-stars, and diversity
Bloodtrail
4 of 5 stars true
An intricately woven vampire tale that keeps you wanting more. The historical and scientific content was unique and engrossing. I particularly liked the way the author separated each character's story in the beginning and then tied the...
tagged: diversity, 4-stars, and from-dec-2011-to-now
House Guest
4 of 5 stars true
A short, creepy and enthralling story. The development of the main character and situation was strangely enjoyable. A good read.
tagged: from-dec-2011-to-now, 4-stars, and diversity

goodreads.com